What is the 'Espruino Work' forum for?

Posted on
  • It's quite common for me to be contacted about whether I can offer consultancy work (or know someone who can) to work on some part of Espruino - either writing JavaScript, extending Espruino with C, or designing a custom circuit board.

It's increasingly rare that I have the free time to take on this work, and there's not enough for me to be able to hire someone to help with it. Hopefully some of you Espruino users will be interested in getting paid for your skills, and this section of the forum can serve as a way of putting you together.

Requesting Work

• Start each post with JOB:
    • Offering some idea of your budget is likely to make people far more interested
    • Obviously some jobs will be subject to an NDA, but the more information you can give the better

Offering your services

• Start each post with SERVICES:
    • Let people know what you're willing to work on... Bluetooth, WiFi, ESP8266, Android apps, hardware design?
    • Some idea of hourly rate, how you plan to charge, or an example project and cost will help no end.
    • Any links to of previous work done will help.

General

• Espruino doesn't make anything out of this, so any agreement will be purely between the person requesting the work and the person doing it.
    • Make sure you've both agreed exactly what needs doing and who owns the code before you start.
    • For anything much than $200 I'd recommend that you agree on milestones at which you'll be paid to avoid any confusion.
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

What is the 'Espruino Work' forum for?

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions