• I've been collecting strange ESP8266 boards, and got my hands on 2 of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc-ESP8­266-Development-Board-WeMos-D1-Esp-Wroom­-02-Motherboard-0-96-Screen-Module-18650­-Battery/32833311570.html

Flashing 4MB combined with --flash_size 4MB and 4MB-c1 works fine, the thing reboots, but I can never get an Espruino prompt at this point, 115200 baud or 9600.

Manufacturer: c8
    Device: 4016
    Detected flash size: 4MB

Anyone have one of these and successfully flashed?

• Nevermind, works fine. I was attempting to use the SSD1306 I2C on D1 and D2, needs to be NodeMCU.D1 and NodeMCU.D2 (sda & scl) respectively, and the other ones seem to be the serial RX/TX pins, causing nonsense on the terminal.

./esptool.py --chip esp8266 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 write_flash -ff 20m -fm dio --flash_size 4MB-c1 0x0 espruino_1v95_esp8266_4mb_combined_4096.­bin

• I have the LED and Screen Working; but the buttons are unreliable. I get a '1' when pressed the first time; but not after that...am I doing something wrong. I tried both

digitalRead(NodeMCU.D5)

and

NodeMCU.D5.read()

Same foro D6 and D7.

I am trying to use these for Students to use at STEM Camp this summer.

• Not sure how to read from the buttons, I've not attempted that yet. I've included the button functions on the 5-way joystick below just as reference.

Description:

Color:Black
    Charging Protection:Yes
    Discharge Protection:Yes
    Compatible With Arduino
    Compatible With NodeMCU
    Wide Voltage Input Range: 5V~12V
    Charge Current:500 mA
    Size(L*W*H):102 x 30 x 20 mm
    Display Size: 0.96 Inch

Features:

1.One AD inputs.
    2.Micro USB inputs.
    3.One programmable LED (D0).
    4.Integrated 18650 battery charging and discharging system.
    5.One switch controls whether the 18650 battery is powered or not.
    6.OLED's SDA and SCL connect to the D1 pin and the D2 pin respectively.
    7.The five buttons are controlled by FLASH, RESET, D5, D6, and D7 respectively.
    8.The 5 Digital pins can configure the write/read/interrupt/pwm/I2C/one-wire supported separately.
    9.Operation and NodeMCU consistent, adding a programmable LED, you can use GPIO16 to control, display 8266 running status and other functions. Integrated OLED and five button, more convenient for development.
    10.The design concept originates from the open source project NodeMCU, and the development board integrates 18650 charging and discharging systems with charging and discharging protection. At the same time, a OLED and five directional buttons are integrated to facilitate the development.

Notes:

1. Manual measuring, please allow 1 ~ 5 mm error,thank you.
    2. This product does not contain 18650 batteries.If the battery is in the wrong direction, the charging chip will be destroyed.
    3. Please do not burn the program during charging. When you burn the program, please unplug the battery and verify the switch is in ON position.
    4. Recommend the use of 5V 500mA charging charger, more than 5V 1A there will be fever, does not affect the normal work, but in the process of charging charging chip do not touch or carry, the measured charge charging will rise to about 60 degrees with the diode chip, no heat during normal working hours, rest assured to carry.
  • Try:

setWatch(function() {
      console.log("Pressed");
    }, NOdeMCU:D5, { edge: "rising", debounce: 50, repeat: true });

• No dice.

I was able to make your code work by changing it to D3 (one of the exposed IO), and touching the pin off to ground; so your code is good; but the on-board switch seems bad.

Edit: I changed the edge to "falling" and they now work once per boot...very odd

• Looking here https://forum.wemos.cc/topic/8/d1-to-ard­uino-uno-pinout-associations/2

The pinouts are no clearer!

I would try all the combinations - D5, nodemcu:D5 and work your way through the range.

You can paste in the left side of the ide, and press the button and see if you have output - if not use the up arrow and then back arrow and change to D6, and hit return. Very quickly you can go through the whole range...

• It doesn't matter which assignment I use...at least I now know I have the R2 version of the board.

Also I now can use the Block Based IDE using the pins from that diagram.

• I WIN!!!

You have to set the pinMode explicitly.

pinMode(NodeMCU.D5, "input_pullup", false);

Now the buttons work properly!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

[SOLVED] Flashing strange WeMos D1 Esp-Wroom-02 motherboard (battery controller, 0.96" OLED, cp210x serial)

Posted by Avatar for user85573 @user85573

Actions