Possible pins for driving NeoPixel with ESP32?

Posted on
  • I successfully drove NeoPixel matrices using MOSI pin (D13) on my dev board from: https://www.ezsbc.com/index.php/featured­-products-list-home-page/wifi01-32.html#­.Wo4QjxPwZTY

I'm making a clock with 4 buttons as input. Later I discovered that setWatch currently only works for D12 - D15 (using 1.95). Some pin throw error when I set setWatch (unable to setWatch) and some can be set but once button is pressed I got either crashes or turning on board LED . As I think I'll need D13 for one of the button, I'll need some alternative pin to drive the matrix.

Anybody knows if I can use other pin(s) to drive the matrix? I thought about software SPI but the code I use to write accept direct pin:

neopixel.write(D13, ledbuffer);

Thanks!

• The latest firmsware fixes setwatch to work on pins greater than D15, so install v1.96 can your're good to go!

• Thanks! I have all the pins I need now!

• If you don't mind, please share you code so others can see how you have done it.

If you post the source between three back ticks ` it gets marked as code, or use the </> code bar above.

• Sure! I managed to use setwatch D25, D26, and D27 on my board. For the code of what I'm making, I want to post in the Projects section, trying to squeeze time to do it. Thanks!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Possible pins for driving NeoPixel with ESP32?

Posted by Avatar for n00b @n00b

Actions