You are reading a single comment by @Pi and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Gordon thanks a lot for your time. I am using the code on Controlling Bluetooth Lights with Puck.js to control the bulb. Can you please elaborate on how to keep a reference to the characteristic variable. By instant I wanted to say more like having the 2 bulbs turning on/off at the same time

I spent some (newbie) hours with advertising/scanning, couldn't make NRF.setScan() work at all, got some success with NRF.findDevices(), but it takes around 2 seconds to turn on/off the bulb on the scanning Puck2. On Puck1 ('middle') I have this running at some point:

NRF.setAdvertising({},{manufacturer: 0x0590, manufacturerData:[0]});  //  Node-Red lights off
    // or
    NRF.setAdvertising({},{manufacturer: 0x0590, manufacturerData:[1]}); // Node-Red lights on

On Puck2, I run this code to scan and use manufacturerData:

var lastState = 0;
    // Scan and call flashLeds() based on 'manufacturerData'
    setInterval(function () {
      NRF.findDevices(function(e) { 
        for (var i = 0; i < e.length; i++) {
          if((e[i].manufacturer === 1424) && (e[i].manufacturerData)) { // Check for 0x590 and manufacturerData
            if(e[i].manufacturerData[0] !== lastState) { // Check to see if the state has changed
              lastState = e[i].manufacturerData[0];
              flashLeds(e[i].manufacturerData[0]);
              console.log(lastState);
            }
          }
        }
      }, 500);
    }, 600);

Probably (surely) I am approaching the whole issue the wrong way, but that's all I came up with that worked. The value 500 and 600 are random, I tried different values without any difference I could tell. Any suggestions how to speed things up? Thanks.

About