You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • EspruinoWiFi boards use require('WiFi')

They really don't - it was literally just a typo in my original post, which I have now corrected :) Did you actually try it and notice a problem?

I'm still not sure about the Wifi.save() functionality. Especially on the 512k ESP8266s, that 4k page of WiFi data would be way more useful if used to store JS rather than just 64 bytes of Wifi config. IMO there should be a more generic data store for variable data that isn't linked to Wifi (there is already FlashEEPROM though) - I think that might have been what you were asking @MaBe?

I am working on something that'll open up the standard Espruino saved code area, and which will finally allow JS files to be written in chunks (so you can upload more data than there is RAM), so hopefully Wifi.save could move over to that and we could add something for the Espruino WiFi board - although I'm still not super sure about the auto-connect functionality given how easy it is to just do wifi.connect(username, password in onInit and know exactly when wifi is initialised and when it isn't.

• although I'm still not super sure about the auto-connect functionality

The auto connection functionality is really useful if you connect via telnet over IP. It means that you have a much faster connection than USB.

It would be a shame to loose this functionality.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started