• Hi all,

I am trying to port espruino to a nrf52 based iTracker board that I recently got from RAK wireless.
    The setup of the board is very similar to the Puckjs board and p0.28 and p0.29 are the rx/tx pins. So i tried building the firmware for the board.

However once I have built the firmware (bootloader included) and flashed the device using nrfjprog, I am able to see the device correctly on my android device (I am using nrf connect app) and also able to see the nordic BLE UART service + characteristics, but I am not able to get the Espruino Serial output on this UART service.

I also tried connecting the NRF UART app on android to the iTracker board but still not able to see the REPL interface

So after snooping around, In the PUCKJS board py file, i was able to see a comment like so:

'D28' : "If pulled up to 1 on startup, D28 and D29 become Serial1",

Do I need to pull D28 to a HIGH (+3.3v) to enable the Serial port ?

Please let me know if I am missing something here.
    I also plan to dedicate some of my time to add support for this board into the Espruino mainline. Is there a way I can do so by sending PR for the board after the necessary changes to include a BOARDS.py file. I just want to give back to the awesome open source community behind Espruino.

Regards
    Naresh K

About

Avatar for narioinc89 @narioinc89 started