• assigned numbers

Thanks - in fact it looks like they can be set for Nordic chips as well with p_char_pf. Personally I wouldn't implement it yet though... Nobody has asked for it, and I wonder whether it's really used very much.

description:"bbcc 1358"

Ahh, I stand corrected! It looks like this was something that got added in a PR by Uri, so I must have missed it!

writable

Yes, I totally agree. I don't think there's ever a reason it should be writable?

Looking at the code, char_md.char_ext_props.wr_aux is Writing the Characteristic User Description descriptor permitted. - but it should be set to 0 already (because we memset the whole struct to zero and then don't touch char_ext_props).

Perhaps it isn't actually writable? It's just that there's no way for it to indicate that, so a write attempt will fail?

for nRF everything is stored inside only

Ahh, right - yes, that makes things a lot more flexible. I think for now it's best not to expose that extra functionality though, in order to keep everything as similar as possible between the two? After all, it's not like people seem to asking for the ability to read as it's pretty easy to keep track of the current value.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started