Problem updating firmware

Posted on
  • Having problems updating firmware using

• a Nexus 6 phone with Android 7.0
    • nRF Connect for Mobile app.

I can download the zip but using that software I cannot select the zip, it shows the content of the zip. I've seen several other users having the same issue.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks, Andrew

• Could you make a video or screenshot of what's happening differently to what's in the video in http://www.espruino.com/Puck.js#firmware­-updates? This is the first I've heard about it...

• ok, found a working solution in the comments on the video on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3CJbl29­vy0

).

Had to long press on the name of the zip then tap open, then it worked.

Thanks!

• Great - thanks for letting me know! I'll add that to the docs

• I still have problems with Puck.js and firmware update from 1.92 to any above, nRF Toolbox disconnects in 10 secs.
    Taking Gordon's advice about the low battery, I even risked to burn it - powered it on 3.3 pin.
    Still the same problem - nRF Toolbox connects for 10 secs and disconnect with error.

I already connected Puck with TTL now, but trying Espruino IDE it does not work either, returns the message Puck.js cannt be updated from IDE, make other choice.

The only way would be upload with phyton script (I use it successfully for flashing on ESP8266)
    Please advice what is command line for Puck.js

for ESP8266 the command line is:
    python "E:\Espruino\000 software\esptool-master\esptool.py" --port COM3 --baud 115200 write_flash --flash_freq 80m --flash_mode qio --flash_size 32m 0x0000 boot_v1.6.bin 0x1000 espruino_esp8266_user1.bin 0x3FC000 esp_init_data_default.bin 0x3FE000 blank.bin

• nRF Toolbox disconnects in 10 secs

That's really strange. Have you been able to try from a different phone, in case there is some problem with the Bluetooth LE on yours?

I already connected Puck with TTL now, but trying Espruino IDE it does not work either

No, I'm afraid you have to upload via BLE - there is no serial bootloader at the moment.

The only way would be upload with phyton script (I use it successfully for flashing on ESP8266)

Nothing like that will work for Puck.js I'm afraid. However, what type of computer do you have? If it's not Windows (so you have Web Bluetooth) then you can use this website: https://thegecko.github.io/web-bluetooth­-dfu/examples/secure_dfu_web.html

• What a relief - I managed upgrade Puck to 1.94 by using 3 years old Samsung J5 mobile.
    But with newest Huawei P9 Light it is still not possible.

btw, for testing purposes. After the upgrade to 1.94, I tried to connect with Huawei again and make an upgrade... it is still not possible. Both Android phones installed today nRF Toolbox 2.5.3

Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0
    Samsung J5 Android 5.1.1

• I have no problems with the Huawei P10 lite.

• What error do you get on your Huawei, or what happens?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Problem updating firmware

Posted by Avatar for bigandy @bigandy

Actions