You are reading a single comment by @Jean-Philippe_Rey and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • OK I have good news: I can open and maintain a connection with the actuator !
    Once again, you were right @Gordon, it was due to a refused bonding. When I discovered the param forceRePair of the startBonding() method I immediately tried to set it to 1 and ... it worked.

Now I cannot read any value , including mandatory fields such as DeviceInfo.ModelNumber (0x180A-->0x2A24). However I am strictly following the example given in the doc http://www.espruino.com/Reference#l_Blue­toothRemoteGATTCharacteristic_readValue :

var device;
    NRF.connect(device_address).then(functio­n(d) {
      device = d;
      return d.getPrimaryService("service_uuid");
    }).then(function(s) {
      console.log("Service ",s);
      return s.getCharacteristic("characteristic_uuid­");
    }).then(function(c) {
      return c.readValue();
    }).then(function(d) {
      console.log("Got:", JSON.stringify(d.buffer));
      device.disconnect();
    }).catch(function() {
      console.log("Something's broken.");
    });

I always receive an empty buffer . I tried to retrieve this value with NrfConnect and this works well.

By the way, I am experiencing disconnections between the IDE and the puck sometimes (I would say every 4-5 minutes after having reseted the puck), even if I don't download any script in it. Is it a feature to keep the consumption low, or an issue in my setup?

About