Pucks Module

Posted on
  • Is it possible to have or use the chip itself on our own board and have it connect to Arduino IDE to program?

I have worked with RFDigital Simblee's and they are currently 0 stock with a long lead time.
    I might need to switch gears and I would hate to redo lots of code.

• Hi,

I'm considering offering the modules pre-programmed with Espruino, such that you could program them with the Espruino IDE.

However Espruino is JavaScript, not C (like Arduino) - so if you were using the Arduino before, your existing code isn't going to work I'm afraid.

• Hi Gordon,
    Well, if all fails, then I would need to learn on the fly.
    I can look into Espruino (has a little Arduino in it) and see.
    I will review.
    If you do this, how soon will it happen if I do the switch.

• I can supply modules right now if you need them for $16 each - however on higher quantities (100+) where I'm not having to manually flash each module I can come way down on price.

The delay has just been deciding whether there's demand to go all-in and buy a bunch of pre-programmed modules (since I don't want to be sitting on a bunch of modules with out of date firmware!). However for individual modules I can manually program them.

• Ok, I will talk with my boss on what to do.
    The Simblees are still not available.
    Wish I could just do IDE via a connection instead of Bluetooth programming.
    In production, be easier.
    I will let you know.. I might remove parts off the pucks I have and breadboard up a configuration.

Spent close to 8 months developing and product issues.

Wayne

• Wish I could just do IDE via a connection instead of Bluetooth programming.

You can - http://www.espruino.com/Puck.js#serial-cĀ­onsole

Then you just need to use the Web IDE Chrome App (rather than espruino.com/ide)

• Saw that and was just looking into it..

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Pucks Module

Posted by Avatar for Wayne_L @Wayne_L

Actions