You are reading a single comment by @Vasily and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • From my point of view the ESPs are simply too popular for not getting first class support from a firmware like Espruino

I know - it seems like a huge market. I've been searching for a way to get paid to work in it, but I just can't see anything at the moment (apart from Patreon) - it was suggested that I contact EspressIF directly to see if they could help though, so I'll try and give that a go soon.

I feel like the Espruino board business cannot scale though

I'm hoping more companies will take me up on the firmware builds/maintenance (like Seeed and Ruuvitag have done) - I feel like that could scale pretty well (especially for modules), and would be good for everyone.

I personally decided to rather spent time contributing to the code as long as it is just a hobby stuff for me at this point

Yes, totally - the PRs you've done for Espruino so far have been amazing. It's hugely appreciated :)

• You can try speak with SONOFF .... those software is pretty bad. I hate it because it asks to install a special app, and most tedious is ... register on some china website to start accessing your own device laying nearby at the table.

They are ESP based as you might know. And they have buildin pins to write new firmware. That what I do :)

About

Avatar for Vasily @Vasily started