You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • ...it may work after you put in all the work for defining the board files and make the build...

I say may, because it is really a minimal board... no fuse, no polarity protection, no voltage regulator, no extra pads for real time clock, no LEDS... what else can I list?...

It is a meagre version of the Original Espruino board. The Original Espruino board has the most I/O pins of all the Espruino boards because it comes with an STM32F103 in 64 pin package. The picutere you show first in this conversation is the very same processor in a 100 pin package exposing more GPIOs. But in both cases, the boards are pretty barren...

Regarding the number of pins: the tendency goes towards the least number of pins as possible by using serial bus connections to peripherals... for cost and reliability reasons. Serially connected port expanders at the sensor / action / display location fan then out into parallel pins... Espruino Pico and Espruino-Wifi have about the right number of GPIOs in addition to the wealth and variation of built in communication appliances. No need for 100 pins, and even less for 144 pins... an option that's available from STM as well.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started