You are reading a single comment by @stevo and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • what board are you trying to connect to? looks like it's not an official Espruino board? (or if it is, you might be connecting to the wrong port).

If it's an ESP8266/32 which seems likely, have you changed the baud rate to match? Either way - please ask on the section of the forum specifically for other boards - most likely they'll be able to help out much better.

• Thanks Gordon. I've been dipping my toe into the deep end as far as micro controllers go. Bought a NodeMCU ESP8266 on a whim. Tried my hand at Lua got things to work, but frankly I just don't like the syntax. So, I've been on a quest to get JS on it. Thank you for allowing us even smidgen of hope to use Espruino on third-party boards. <3

From the looks of the log I had assumed it wasn't a problem with the connected board but rather a problem with the dialog between the WebIDE and OSX. I've been searching all over and this is the only thread I could find that talking about the problem with any detail. I'll jump to the other forum to ask there.

You may be correct that it's simply an issue with the connection to the board itself. I've since tried another route (re-flashing espruino esp8266 "4mb" with Flasher.js and thingssdk).

With that in mind, thingssdk and using the tutorial found on espruino.com screen /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART 115200 both produce this error:

espruino:  Connecting to '/dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART'
    espruino:  No result found - just got ""
    espruino:  Connected

As well as the WebIDE error I posted earlier: WARNING: No result found - just got ""

Thanks for the help!

About