Loading from flash error

Posted on
  • Every time I connect my board to the Web IDE the only thing I see in the console is:

Loading from flash...
    Running onInit()...

And I am not able to send any commands to it. Help!!

• Now this is all I get:

Connected
    Loading from flash...
    Running onInit()...
    Connected
    Connected
    Connected
    Connected

And no matter what I do, it just shows as connected with no way of interaction.

• Click in the window and hit enter, and see if it does anything. Sometimes the > doesn't display correctly on connect.

To rule out web-ide weirdness, exit all chrome windows, plus the webIDE and restart it.

Assuming it's not that, maybe your OnInit() is doing something bad? Hit reset followed immediately by btn1 (not at the same time, as that will put it into bootloader mode, but right after), it will not run the stored program or call OnInit() - and hopefully that's what's causing your issue.

Edit: Reading your other thread, I wager that you're trying to do something with the CC3000 in onInit(), and it's choking on that (maybe it doesn't like being called immediately on startup?) Have you let it sit after starting for long enough for whatever it's trying to do to have timed out?

• I think DrAzzy has summed it up pretty well... Do the reset and press BTN1 right after and Espruino will skip loading from flash.

Also you might find that Ctrl-C will break out of execution too...

• I think I kill my Espruino while soldering the Bluetooth module. I can't connect to it anymore :(. I am able to set it to bootloader mode but that is it. When I try to connect the only response I get is:

connected

That is it. It really suck :( I ordered two more Espruinos after that huge disaster with the Bluetooth module. Any ideas on how to recover my broken one? or what can I do with it?

• So you can get it into bootloader mode... can you flash Espruino onto it again via the bootloader? That should reset everything to defaults and hopefully it would start working again...

• I will try that using the python script. Wish me luck

• Why can't you just use the Web IDE's flasher? Does that not work?

• Nope, I think it is time for me to give up on that board. :(

Do you take broken boards? The chip still works!

• :( Argh, that's a shame... How did you manage to break it?

• That is unfortunate - it seems the surface mount USB connectors just don't hold up well without a case to keep them in place. Particularly since you also had problems with BT, so you can't just hook it up to a power supply and use the bluetooth..

Uhm, is that just the lighting, or are there scorch marks all over the bottom of that Espruino? You should be able to solder without it blackening the board - If those are scorch marks, I think your soldering iron is getting too hot (though I don't know that this is related to any of the issues you've had).

• You might be right @DrAzzy, I'll get a new soldering iron but I already ordered two more Espruino boards. I was just wondering if you guys have any ideas what to do with the broken one?

• Do you know of a case for the Espruino? I would love to get a couple of them.

• @Carlos - where did you order from? Hopefully the new ones will at least have some epoxy over the USB to give it more strength (and I've got some prototype rev 1.4 being made at the moment, which have the strongest USB connector I could find :) ).

There are some 3D printable case designs around - but nothing you can actually purchase right now. Phenoptix is making a laser-cut a breadbox holder... I'll ask if they can do a laser-cut case too...

• @Carlos - for the broken one, you could either solder a USB-TTL converter on (http://www.espruino.com/Wiring+Up) or even a bluetooth module (so you can program it wirelessly).

Can you drop me an e-mail with your address in? I'll send you a bluetooth module and a battery connector...

• I got one of my espruinos!!! still waiting for the second one but I was able add a bluetooth module to it. Can I also add the servos pins to this board?

• Great! Yes, there shouldn't be a problem - see the video at the bottom here: http://www.espruino.com/Pin+Strip

You can see that where you put the pins won't interfere with the bluetooth module.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Loading from flash error

Posted by Avatar for Carlos @Carlos

Actions