• @PaddeK

...oh these late nights, early early mornings lend many hands for a nice tee and coffee and nasty spills there of...

But foremost: @PaddeK, thanks for sharing!

Looked through the code and - even though not the way I'm used to - I like it and learned a lot from it... including a bug: I treated the checksum as 8 bit instead of 16... ouch. Using a buffer and put 8 and 16 bit views over it is a cool thing... One could even use a clipping one that makes the &0xFF obsolete...

@PaddeK, do you have some usage information?

From your comment and code I assume you got pretty far with implementing. Yes, images is not the coolest to do... If you would have some SRAM / FRAM / MRAM (able up to 40 MHz clock rate - enough to keep up with measly serial 9600, even with byte-wise addressing versus self-incrementing address) and stream response into those, on serial data receipt and process it form there... Regular information as blocks, and images streamed. Serial (flash) EPROM would work as well used as a Ring buffer, fast enough, cheap, and barely wearing down with the amount of data when going for a large one... The EPROM could then also be used as the 'local Database' in addition to communicating it over Wifi to a networked server (that's what I guess @user81574 has eventually in mind... ( Btw, do you know the size of a so-called profile? Because that is what I guess has to work as minimum to be really useful).

@user81574, I would give it a try with @PaddeK's code when given some usage samples.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started