• Hi!

Can you please explain how to flash the Puck.JS via a serial/TTL cable?

Namely:

• Exactly which programmer USB/serial cable to you suggest me to buy to do this

• How do I connect the programmer cable to the Puck.JS, can this be done reliably without soldering?

• What software tools do I need to install on my Unix/Windows computer to do the flash?

• Unlike other flashing methods, if the flashing fails,

• Is there some requirement on in what state the Puck.JS should be, for it to be flashed - should it be turned off, or be newly turned on, etc.?

Since the Puck.JS is actually just a NordicSemi nRF52832 ARM board, the flashing is done on a low level and does not actually relate with any software that the ARM chip is running, right?

• Flashing will overwrite the flash memory directly and may hence wreak havoc on a program running on the Puck.JS, if that program uses the flash memory too, right?

• Can I flash the Puck.JS while it is turned off?

• To activate the newly flashed software on the Puck.JS, I just start/restart it right?

• The switch under the Puck.JS is a power switch, so I just flip it off/on quickly - no need to remove the battery right?

• The programmer/flashing program, will just write an image to the Puck.JS' flash memory, right?

• In what file format is the image that I write to the Puck.JS?

Thanks!!

About

Avatar for user81549 @user81549 started