You are reading a single comment by @ds and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • No problem, that'd great!

Out of interest, do you have any idea what could have started the issue? Did you connect to lots of different computers, or play around with the flash memory module? If I have some idea what causes it I might be able to stop it happening in the future, but I haven't been able to reproduce it here.

• My Puck.js has unfortunately gone into the same state.

I unboxed the device yesterday and more or less immediately updated the firmware (1v93). Then I spent a few hours just exploring it. Tested the (desktop) IDE a bit. Advertised a service/characteristic and tried to get that information with a small script on my Raspberry Pi Zero W. That involved a lot of trial and error, with repeated connections and requests for service/characteristic info.

I don't remember exactly what happened, but out of the blue the script was no longer connecting / getting info as expected. After removing/inserting the battery, I could no longer connect from the Windows control panel. It just resulted in the LED behavior described in this thread.

I got new firmware (1v93.162) from the link above and flashed it successfully. The problem still remains, though. At one point, Windows was suddenly able to connect. I saw that the IDE printed "app_timer_start error 8" over and over again really fast. After disconnecting, the LEDs started to flash again (the "all three, then red" sequence), now repeating every ~1-7 seconds.

It's still possible to connect using nRF Connect and LightBlue. LEDs seem to go dark when connected, then the sequence may start again after disconnecting.

Any ideas?

About