• So the nRF toolbox can connect and stays connected?

And are you using Chrome on your Samsung phone, or Samsung's own browser?

Have you tried restarting your laptop between times in case there is some issue with the bluetooth library? I know mine's running Bluez 5.45 and can still get confused and require a bluetoothd restart at times.

Your other option is to npm install espruino, run sudo setcap cap_net_raw+eip $(eval readlink -fwhich node) and then espruino --list and espruino -p address_to_connect_to.

That'll use Bluetooth on your PC without going through Chrome's Web Bluetooth.

• Yes I did use Google Chrome on my phone. However after a restart of my phone it seemed to work. That is I was able to connect to it using Chrome WebIDE and upload the sample sketch. Which I have not been able to do for a while now. Trouble is it is VERY fiddly trying to type anything via the phone.

I have rebooted my laptop 'just in case'. No joy.

Ironically enough I did just install npm install espruino there are a few slight modifications you need to use for Debian though. The package is called nodejs as is the resultant binary. Still I did run sudo setcap cap_net_raw+eip $(eval readlink -fwhich nodejs) and that seemed fine. You then need to link node to nodejs ln -s /usr/bin/nodejs /usr/bin/node However espruino --list just gives me

espruino --list
    Espruino Command-line Tool 0.0.33

-----------------------------------

PORTS:

Which does not bode well. Oddly enough it still sees the puck when scanning for it in the browser. So not sure what is going on here.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started