• Looks like you're on Linux? Close the chrome tab, and try sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart - if you're on earlier versions of the bluetooth library, the library itself gets confused and stops working.

Maybe check the version with bluetoothd --version - nothing before 5.43 will work properly.

Also, install Chrome, not Chromium. Last time someone had a problem with Linux, that seemed to be the biggest issue (having to hit 'Pair' is fine though - that's just what the windows says all the time).

When you do manage to get a connection, please can you also check Puck.getBatteryPercentage() just in case?

• No joy alas. Even with Chrome it does the same

For the record I am using Debian 9.0 (testing) Kernel 4.12.0-1 and bluetoothd is 5.45

Like I say though, it is not just my laptop that seems to have problems keeping a connection my phone does too. A Samsung S7.

Now the odd thing is that before on an older firmware I did not seem to have such problems but of course that was a few months back so hard to say what has changed.

Anyway to debug BLE connections? I would be curious to know if it is the Puck dropping the connection or the computer.

Thanks.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started