You are reading a single comment by @jonreid and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Yep, pretty strange.

• No I never use setTime() as I was worried about causing an issue like this :)
    • I have observed on 1.87 and 1.92
    • Unfortunately I don't know what the getTime() value was at the time of the crash as I was not logging that to the console. Working backwards it would have been around 949245868 at restart time after the crash.

To keep absolute time, my code regularly queries the local time from the SIM800, then each time I instantiate a new Clock object. This then keeps things accurate for Pico we have not yet put on the crystal.

The clock speeding up would explain why my EEPROM read failed at that time also. In my code I do a EEPROM write and then immediately follow with a read to verify. In the AT25 code there is a loop using getTime() to wait for the EEPROM write period. So if this is essentially skipped then the read would fail.

We never generally set the clock (using setTime) so in all our units it would be pretty random - unless it gets set by the IDE at programming time ?

About

Avatar for jonreid @jonreid started