You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Wow, that is a strange one - which firmware version are you using?

Do you ever use setTime, or do you just let the Pico's timer run?

The Pico (and all the STM32-based Espruino boards - other non-Espruino boards don't) run with a software timer based off the system cycle counter, but synchronised to the RTC (to allow high accuracy timing for). If the RTC changed unexpectedly I guess it's possible that the timer could suddenly speed up massively to try and smoothly update to the new RTC time. It's great that you've been able to log it though.

Do you know exactly which RTC times it happened between? Were they similar times for each unit? If it turns out the timestamp was at something that might have caused an overflow, it might help to track down what happened.

Potentially I can do you a build for the Pico without the software timer, and we can see if that makes any difference for you?

It's a pretty odd one though - I've been running a Pico working as a timer here for well over a year non-stop, and haven't hit any issues - but then maybe I'm not doing anything as time-critical as you are.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started