You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thr 2017.08.03

The puck initially connects fine with the WEB IDE standalone but after a while it refuses to re-connect giving an error, "connection failure". Unpairing and pairing the puck again seems to always fix the problem

I too am having the same issue intermittently thrice a day over a ten hour period with the Native WebIDE. Not running anything other than LEDn.write() and setInterval()

This is with 1v88 and I haven't poked my nose into the console yet. A minor difference is that I don't always get the 'connection failure' error, just a locked app.

Windows 10.0.15063 on HP laptop with a Insignia BLE dongle. I'll update here should there be any earth shattering msgs.

Note: Also having left pane not updating issue as explained in http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­308441/
    Also, I've only ever had to pair the Puck one time. Disconnect-Connect is needed, but never get the pairing dialog on subsequent tries.

• @Robin please can you try and find a way to update your firmware before looking too much into this? I did post some advice in one of your other threads. 1v88 has known connection issues on some devices caused by it having too low an advertising interval, but literally hundreds of things have been changed/fixed since 1v88.

@LVangelis how are you actually accessing the 0x0003 service? From the Puck itself? If so, 0x0003 should never have worked (you needed the full 128 bit UUID) - it was a bug that got fixed in 1v93. Is there a reason you couldn't just use Bluetooth.write? It should do the same thing, but in a way that won't conflict with Espruino's built-in code.

Is there any chance the Android device you're using might be attempting to connect to the Puck as well? The Puck can only have one connection at a time, so if Android were trying to connect then that could really mess up the PC's connection as well.

• Hey Gordon,

I'm a developer working with @LVangelis and I was wondering if you could expand on Bluetooth.write. I can see the IntelliSense supporting the method call when I write it in the Espruino Web IDE, but I'm having trouble finding any documentation on it. For our purposes, we're just trying to send information through a notify characteristic. Right now, I'm creating a service/characteristic using setServices first, and then using updateServices to modify the value of our characteristic. Would Bluetooth.write() be something we should look into? And if so, would you be able to point to some useful documentation on the method?
    Thanks in advance!

Edit: After quick test, I see that Bluetooth.write() writes to the NUS RX characteristic data buffer... This works really well. Thanks!

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started