• Great! That's really strange... I guess it could be a firewall issue? It's possible it's some new 'feature' that block connections to other devices on the local network? I imagine if you're connected to the public BTWiFi rather than BTHub then that'd do it?

I think realistically Espruino will struggle at much past 5 requests/sec. It's not just the 20 bytes, but the headers that get sent are usually pretty huge each time (plus there's extra for opening/closing the socket) - and the connection to the Wifi is usually only around 11 kBytes/sec.

I guess you could actually rate-limit your HTTP requests to 2 a second or so, but send the whole frame each time?

Or yes, websockets would be the way to go - you should be able to push packets of data through that pretty fast.

Also, I don't know if you're doing it or not, but you can use 'template strings' that use the backtick character for HTML: `

They can be multi-line, so it gets really nice and easy to write actual HTML alongside the JS code

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started