• I am very excited starting using my puck.js on my projects but cannot make it connect to any of my three computers; two running windows 10 and one 7, either through the chrome extension or the standalone Espruino app.
    I thought it was my bluetooth dongle so i got one that is v4 LE and paired my device. I can see the puck on my devices (device manager-bluetooth) but noticed that there are no available services. Could that be it? Any help will be much appreciated!
    Thanks
    v

• To clarify, when starting the Espruino app and tap on connection icon no serial port appears with the message no ports found.

• Hi,

Are you sure you're running the 'Native IDE' from the installer downloaded from http://www.espruino.com/Web+IDE#as-a-natĀ­ive-application?

Unfortunately the 'normal' Chrome App IDE in windows doesn't work because there's no Web Bluetooth support in Chrome for windows at the moment. Also, if you're using Windows 10 and the Native IDE, you'll have to pair the Puck via the Windows Bluetooth menu first as well.

If none of that works, please could you go to the settings icon in the top right, click 'Console', and copy/paste what it says in this forum thread?

• Hello Gordon, many thanks for the prompt response. Yes, I can confirm that I am running the standalone application from the same link you posted. I have also noticed now that the Chrome app only works at Chrome books and Android. I also confirmed that I have first paired my device with Windows 10 bluetooth prior trying connecting to it with the standalone app. Here is what 'Console' log reports:

The last 100 lines of log messages made by the Web IDE. This is only useful when trying to debug potential problems with the IDE or Espruino board itself.

We have chrome.serial - not using 'serialport' module
    serial_audio: Audio Sample rate : 48000
    serial_audio: Audio Serial Baud 9600 Bit time 5
    No navigator.bluetooth - Web Bluetooth not enabled
    GET chrome.storage.sync = undefined
    Initialising SettingsConsole
    Initialising Utils
    Initialising Config
    Initialising Notifications
    Initialising Status
    Initialising App
    Initialising File
    Initialising Code
    Initialising Serial
      - Initialising Serial Chrome Serial
      - Initialising Serial Chrome Socket
      - Initialising Serial Audio
    Initialising Terminal
    Initialising CodeWriter
    Initialising Modules
    Initialising Env
    Initialising Flasher
    Initialising EditorBlockly
    Initialising EditorJavaScript
    Initialising Send
    Initialising MenuPortSelector
    Initialising MenuSettings
    Initialising MenuFlasher
    Initialising SettingsAbout
    Initialising SettingsFlasher
    Initialising BoardJSON
    Initialising VersionChecker
    Initialising Compiler
    Initialising Assembler
    Initialising GetGitHub
    Initialising NPMModules
    Initialising SetTime
    Initialising Unicode
    Initialising Minify
    Initialising SaveOnSend
    Initialising Tutorial
    Initialising Webcam
    Initialising FontSize
    Initialising UiMode
    Initialising URLHandler
    Initialising CodeLink
    Initialising Project
    Initialising Testing
    Initialising Notification_Sound
    Initialising Tern
    Initialising Debugger
    Initialising Tour
    Initialising SettingsProfile
    Initialising HelpLinks
    Initialising Offline
    No code in storage.
    GET chrome.storage.local.OFFLINE_DATA = 0 bytes

Please let me know if you need any more information. Looking fw resolving this issue. Kind regards!

• FYI I have also updated the firmware to the latest version using the Android app nRF Connect

• I'm 99% sure you're actually using the wrong IDE. You may have both installed if you also installed the one from the chrome web store, in which case you want to run the Espruino IDE app from the start menu, not the Web IDE.

When you run that IDE, in the console you'll get:

Initialising File
    Initialising Code
    Initialising Serial
      - Initialising Serial Chrome Serial
      - Initialising Serial Chrome Socket
      - Initialising Serial Windows NUS BLE
      - Initialising Serial Audio
    Initialising Terminal
    Initialising CodeWriter
    Initialising Modules

Note the extra Initialising Serial Windows NUS BLE line.

It's a bit confusing, but I'd really hoped that Chrome would support Web Bluetooth on Windows by now and there would be no need for the extra app. Sadly it seems the implementation has been delayed quite a lot :(

The start menu item should look like this... The highlighted item is the one you want - not the one below it

1 Attachment

• espruino_app.PNG
  • Oh, thank you very much, Gordon, for clarifying and shorting this mystery out. I was under the impression that the WEB IDE needed to run inside chrome as a tab or something. To run the Espruino I was just typing in my windows search and clicking the first that came out...silly me. All works great now! Many thanks!

• Great, glad you got it sorted!

Ideally soon you will just be able to run the IDE as a tab (you can in Mac OS, chromebook, Android and Linux). Support for it in Chrome for Windows always seems to be 3 months away though :(

(just to add, there is a way to add Web Bluetooth to Chrome for Windows, but it doesn't 'just work')

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

No ports found windows 10, on multiple computers...

Posted by Avatar for LVangelis @LVangelis

Actions