You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Did you ever solve the 'crash' issue? There should be enough randomness in the output times to work I think. You could try without the Bluetooth.println in case that's causing issues - but it shouldn't be.

I'd have said that 250ms for findDevices could be a bit short. You could also try using NRF.setScan - which leaves scanning on all the time, and calls you back whenever an advertising packet is received.

With the signal strength, it's odd that it's that bad. Does the red one have setTxPower(4) as well? Could your body be in the way of the signal at all? The aerials don't radiate and receive as well in all directions, so if the angle of the red Puck happened to be in a 'dead spot' it could cause problems.

If you take a look at Page 25 of http://www.raytac.com/download/MDBT42/MD­BT42Q%20spec-Version%20C.pdf you'll see the radiation pattern of the module. Annoyingly the more expensive ceramic antenna version (which we're using) has a far more uneven emission pattern than the cheap one. It looks to me like as long as the aerial side of the Puck is facing out into the room you should be ok.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started