Trying to build a small GSM library

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • Im going to be building in a basic check to see if the module is on.

You should be able to send the "AT" command and receive an "OK" back. This can then probably be expanded out for most other commands. When a command is issued we can check the response against the expected response and start to handle errors better then.

• @Hardware_Hacks did this AT/SMS module ever get anywhere?

• doesn't seem to be anybody home :(

Would you know where the latest version of the library would be, at the end of the post I guess? Also, was it very specific to the GSM2 Click or should I expect it to work on a SIM800 as well?

I need a worldwide working gsm for sending sms reliably..

Thanks

• I think as-is, the code in this post isn't going to be that easy to use... Espruino has an at library built in now, which should make this much tidier.

So I can try and get something working quickly, exactly which functionality did you want? Literally just sending SMS messages, or other things too?

• Just sending some sensor values by sms would be great. Possible receiving an sms with instructions for turning sensors on or off could be a next step.

• Ok, just done! So as not to hijack the thread, I made a new one here: http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­308106/

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Trying to build a small GSM library

Posted by Avatar for Hardware_Hacks @Hardware_Hacks

Actions