• Hi,
    Well, from the error log it looks like this line of the script is failing:

sudo setcap cap_net_raw+eip $(eval readlink -f `which node`)

readlink isn't getting a parameter, and so is returning nothing; and so setcap is missing that parameter too. The most likely answer to this is that which node is failing, ie. node can't be found.

Since you say start.sh run manually is working, I'd say that it's not that node (and npm, since you're having trouble with that too) isn't installed at all, but that it's not in the path for the user under which node-red is being run. That'd imply a slightly non-standard installation of Node, at least as far as the assumptions of this script are concerned (...or perhaps we've been using a non-standard Node!)

Did you start with a Raspbian that has Node and Node-RED preinstalled? If not, I'd start by redoing the installation of Node. If so, maybe there's a problem with our script and that start.sh should be a little more aggressive about finding it, rather than just assuming it's in $PATH.

Please can you try:
    which node
    whereis node
    nave ls (might fail)

• Thanks for the explanation @tom.gidden and you perfectly correct, my nodejs installation is non-standard.
    My base is Hassbian (Rasbian with Home Assistant and some other stuff thrown in), but then I used "n-installer" to install the latest version of node and the path to Node and NPM is some thing like "home/pi/n/...", can't check it exackly right now.
    The reason for doing it like that? Well mostly because Google told me it was an easy way I think and I needed a newer version of node then the one pre-installed. I didn't install Nodejs for Node-Red but for a bridge between smartthings and Home Assistant.

I going to try to have PM2 start EspruinoHub instead, as I do with Node-Red right now, but if I can't get that to work I guess I have to remove and reinstall node, npm and node-red!

About

Avatar for Trisk3lion @Trisk3lion started