You are reading a single comment by @BootySnorkeler and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I did actually have a design for one of those Shims that included a Grove connector (I've got a bunch here that I got made) but I had some really weird issues with I2C on it - so most things would work, except the I2C display - and I never managed to figure out why.

I do have plans for another board - most likely a Bluetooth LE board about the same size as the Pico. It'll be a few months off though - probably the most sensible way to get it made in high enough volumes is to do a KickStarter again, but we're expecting a baby in a few months' time and my wife would be very unimpressed if I was trying to sort out a KickStarter with a new child :)

I think things like the headphone jack wouldn't be popular enough to stick on the board itself, but I think a 'breakout' board could be a good idea.

• Fits Pico, WiFi, and maybe the new board too
    • Has a LiPo battery charger and socket on it
    • micro SD card
    • Seeed Grove connector(s)
    • Headphone jack
    • High power outputs?

If it were an 'assemble yourself' job then it'd be nice and easy for me to do, but I think the surface mount parts would make it difficult for most people - which means I'd need to make several hundred boards up.

• Your plans for the new board is really cool, I guarantee it will be very successful!
    Congrats on your baby also, keep up the awesome work!

About