You are reading a single comment by @trusktr and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Gordon Thanks! That helped a lot.

The battery I pictured above has that same (JST PHR2) connector, and says 3.6v. Would that one work then?

when fully charged the 3.6v NiMh battery could be a little over 3.6v.

If the battery is fully charged (and is above 3.6v), could that break (burn) the espruino? Should I get a voltmeter to check before wiring it up?

Battery: https://www.adafruit.com/product/328

If I get that battery, would the white JST PHR2 connector fit onto the GND/VUSB pins directly?

As for the separate power supply option, which does sound best based on what you describe,

Battery Black -> Espruino GND -> LM3671 GND

Would I need to fork the black wire to two wires (like a snake tongue) and connect to both pins, one on each board?

LM3671 3V -> Espruino 3.3v

Just to confirm, this is to the 3.3v pin (which the schematic calls "3.3v output"), NOT the VUSB pin?

• @trusktr are you dead set on battery power at this time, e.g. are you really at the development stage and will be writing code for the near future? If so, I would consider @Gordon suggestion of a dedicated supply to avoid the hassles with battery use. You will be thankful, we know this based on experience. Have you considered using a cell phone charger? I run my Espruino projects using a leftover 5v 800ma cell phone charger with a micro USB plug on the end, which I plug into a micro USB receptacle whose pins fit nicely into the solderless breadboard. Mine has been running non-stop for three months now for just pennies to the all mighty power company. My 0.02 worth.

EDIT:
    I make this suggestion as the picture above (#13) shows the battery with a rating of 600mAhr Running WiFi continuously, say 300ma, will only provide a max of two hours of use. Much less with other attached devices, and remember actual mileage will vary. . . .

About

Avatar for trusktr @trusktr started