• Ahh - it's not quite as simple as being able to use all of the 128kB of RAM. There's some info here that might help: http://www.espruino.com/Performance

Also, a lot of the flash is used up by the interpreter itself - I think there's around 64kB available for code on the WiFi board.

You could try reset() on the left-hand side before the upload - it might help.

The issue is that right now, to save to flash, you have to fit all that data into RAM first - not only that but it's uploaded as a quoted string, and then has to be interpreted into a normal string - so you need twice as much RAM to upload as you'd expect.

Hopefully at some point I'll be able to come up with a workaround (uploading code in chunks), but for now, with E.setBootCode you're a little limited by the volume of code you can upload. However, once that is uploaded (especially with 'Modules uploaded as Functions') you should get much better RAM usage.

Thanks for the Patreon support - I was looking at the compiled in ESP8266 support over the weekend and have made quite a lot of progress with it. Hopefully if things go well I should have a beta version in a few weeks.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started