You are reading a single comment by @Wilberforce and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi there Ollie

That looks good - can't test it - I've put my stuff away for travelling.... that looks good -but - and this is a guess - should that routine now also include any subscribes that you have lost... and if so is there a way to call that routine normally so that we don't duplicate code.. so perhaps that on disconnect could call a routine with the connect and subscribes - and that routine could also be used at startup??? I'm assuming in all of this that the WIFI reconnects automatically?

Hopefully early next week I can settle down in my office in Spain and try all of this out.

I'm also at a loss as to why the limited space for code - given that the ESP12 has 3 meg spare? I wonder if there are any plans to check for that and expand user space accordingly?

• @Scargill

I'm also at a loss as to why the limited space for code - given that the ESP12 has 3 meg spare? I wonder if there are any plans to check for that and expand user space accordingly?

The esp8266 has bags of FLASH, but bugger all RAM. There is only 80K and a lot of this is taken up by the OS and interpreter. Quite a bit of work has been done to strings into flash to free up precious RAM. The amount of save() code space is 12K compressed, so this works out to be about 20K of js code.

About

Avatar for Wilberforce @Wilberforce started