• But i'm planning to use proper certificate

If the Pico's certificate isn't signed by a CA then you could still have problems trying to create an HTTPS server with it. You have the same problems trying to get an HTTPS server running on localhost, where computers usually display 'this site could be unsafe' when you try and connect.

It seems like it could be possible to do, but it's difficult - and you'd need to keep updating the Pico's certificates before they expired!

Yes, i'm thinking of running my own web service

If you do this then you're fine. The Pico can use HTTPS to connect to your web service, and your web service can have a properly signed certificate.

do you think that there is no need for HTTPS in Espruino pico?

If you're only communicating over a trusted network (eg. your home, with non-public WiFi) then personally I don't think you need HTTPS.

However if you're communicating over the internet with sensitive information then HTTPS is a great idea. But you don't need the Pico to be an HTTPS server for that, you just need it to be an HTTPS client (which it can easily do) to push data to a server on the web securely.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started