connecting to Puck-Js

Posted on
  • Hello,

Last week I received the puck -JS. I am having problems with pairing with the device I ave a 4.0 low energy bluetooth dongle ( type Laird) . But the pairing is not working ? any idea's.
    I downloaded the espruino web ide.
    I also tried harware wiring, i got a connection but am not able to type in the left side of de espruino wed ide ? The cursor is blinking but not responding ? Any help is welcome.
    I am very impressed with the hardware of the puck-js. Just Like to get to work with it ASAP.

greetings

Michel

• What operating system do you have? And is it an external BLE dongle?

When using the wired connection, did you power-cycle Puck.js with serial connected? To save power, Puck.js only initialises the serial port if it detects a voltage on the RX line at boot time.

Have you had any luck when connecting to Puck.js with a mobile phone, maybe with some of the examples here: https://www.espruino.com/Puck.js+Web+Blu­etooth

• Windows 10 is the operating system, It is an external BLE dongle. I also tried it on my laptop , windows 10 and an internal bluetooth system.

The tip on the hardware wiring helped, thank you ;-) now it is responding. I can at least play with it !!!

I have been able to pair with the puck using my smartphone but when i opened the web ide and trie to connect the connection is there but when i try to connect, the connection failed ?

• Have you tried updating Puck.js's firmware to 1v91 using your smartphone? The newer firmware can really help to make connections more reliable, and that could potentially solve your problems.

• Hi, does anyone have any videos I could look at of around 4 x Qty Puck JS talking to each other and one of the Pucks controlling the lights on the other 3 Pucks - Many thanks.

• It's a while ago since this NRF multiple connections? post and things gotten much enhanced now. Proof of it is this entry about notifications - a fixed bug in notifications.

Reading around: the concept is that each puck advertises and one scans. The one you want to communication, you ask for a connection. When done with communication, disconnect and return to advertise/scan mode. Scanning has to be supported by a white list to ask only 'known' devices for a connection.

• Great thanks for that.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

connecting to Puck-Js

Posted by Avatar for user75079 @user75079

Actions