Having trouble connecting from your computer?

Posted on
  • Just a quick note to say I was at MakerCon.de last week and I noticed that an awful lot of people (probably half?) had trouble getting started with Puck.js from their computer (so no Bluetooth LE adaptor, or a version of Windows below 10 - or both!).

However most people had a Android or iOS phone that'd work fine. So to try and work around it I'll be coming up with a web-based solution that will let you use your phone to connect to Puck.js, but then to use the IDE website on your main PC to communicate via your phone.

Hopefully I'll have something by the end of the week - so if you're having trouble now then just hang on - things should get a lot easier soon!

• Hello Gordon

Is there a driver that needs to be installed on Windows10 for the Puck.js to connect with the Web IDE?

I can connect with the computer (built-in Bluetooth, Window10 OS) and I see the puck in my device manager, but get a “SEARCHING…. NO PORTS FOUND” when I try to connect to the IDE.

Thanks!!

• Are you using the Web IDE that you download and install from here? http://www.espruino.com/Web+IDE

Sadly the one that runs as a Chrome app doesn't work with PuckJS in Windows 10 yet - we're still waiting on Google's Web Bluetooth implementation for Windows.

• Thanks Gordon - Got it connected. I was confused with the IDE's. Found some old posts that answered my question after asking...

I found this while looking for some different Blockly apps... Looking forward to trying it out. Very nice job with the packaging.

• Great, glad you got it sorted!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Having trouble connecting from your computer?

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions