You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Those pins on the BT module aren't actually connected to Espruino, so I'm not sure they'd cause huge problems.

Do you have a volt meter? Could you check the voltage between 3.3v and GND when the board is on?

What were you doing when you 'bricked' the board? Had you uploaded some particular code?

It is possible to erase the flash memory used by the bootloader, which would then stop the board from booting. You'd need a USB-TTL converter to re-flash it, but it's about $5 and then the process is relatively easy.

• Okay, I'll give it a go. Can you give me the link for a good USB-TTL converter and also how to hook up the thing?

• I'm in a similar position (blue-red leds dimly lit, unable to connect in normal mode). I've just measured between 3.3 and GND and got the expected voltage(3.29v). Espruino classic, Rev1.4b
    Just to add, this happened after I flashed v 1.92 over v 1.91. I faced an issue with 1.91 whereas the board would use an older version of the program, despite calling save() from the console.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started