• To get into the bootloader you just power the board up with the button held down - does that not work?

For modules that have to be loaded off the internet you have to use the right-hand side of the IDE so the IDE can detect their use and load them automatically. The left-hand side goes direct to the Espruino Board, so if it doesn't know about a module it's unable to load it.

It'd be worth going through the quick start and a few of the Espruino Pico tutorials - I think a lot of this stuff is covered already there - it might save you some time :)

• To get into the bootloader you just power the board up with the button held down - does that not work?

It does not appear to be working. What does the yellow LED mean?

For modules that have to be loaded off the internet you have to use the right-hand side of the IDE so the IDE can detect their use and load them automatically. The left-hand side goes direct to the Espruino Board, so if it doesn't know about a module it's unable to load it.

Ya, see how it works now.

It'd be worth going through the quick start and a few of the Espruino Pico tutorials - I think a lot of this stuff is covered already there - it might save you some time :)

I did when I got my first board. I saw the section about save and onInit at the time, but I didn't try it out, and I forgot those features existed. I don't learn well by reading, I learn by doing, which is apparently uncommon among developers. FWIW, the Lodash project documentation is really easy to work with. Would be super if Espruino could have similar documentation at some point in the future.

About