Notification of a puck as a Central?

Posted on
  • Hi @Gordon,
    I'm trying to find documentation on how to set up to receive a notification event when the puck is operating as a Central. Any hints, or is this possible (hope it is)?

Thanks!
    Bill

• It's not possible with the firmware right now - but we're working on it: https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/iss­ues/959

• Hi, I am using puck as central controller and I need to send AT serial commands to a 3G modem. Is this possible ?

• @zarconi No. That profile is on Bluetooth Classic. I doubt the 3G modem supports Bluetooth low energy which is the only thing the puck 'speaks'. It may/may not expose a modem serial port profile on Bluetooth Classic (also called BR/EDR).

• @zarconi if you're connected to the 3G modem via wired serial then it is possible - however I may have misunderstood your question. If you were asking whether you could use it with a Bluetooth-connected 3G modem then @billsalt is correct - that kind of UART over bluetooth connection is part of normal Bluetooth, not Bluetooth LE.

• Thanks for this. I am using cellular or lora modem with wired serial lines to puck and connecting over internet.

• Ok, then yes, everything is good. You should be able to use the 3G modem with Puck.js just fine.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Notification of a puck as a Central?

Posted by Avatar for billsalt @billsalt

Actions