You are reading a single comment by @user63214 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • That was my thought as well. For now I tried to just copy the USART3 definitions i need to test and i'll go back and clean it up once it works.

I still dont have a grasp on how the CSV file defines the pins. Can I find any docs on that?

I'm changing the variables in the BOARD.py file like so:

'default_console' : "EV_SERIAL3",
     'default_console_tx' : "D8",
     'default_console_rx' : "D9",

But once I do that the python scripts don't properly generate the platform_config.h and a make gives me this:

Cleaning targets
    Generating platform configs
    Generating pin info
    make: *** [/Users/dkuschel/Desktop/Espruino/gen/pl­atform_config.h] Error 1

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Edit:
    After working on this a little more I got the new stm32f413xx.h in the code base and building correctly. I made a new CSV file from the datasheets for the 144 pinout.

Now if I keep A2 and A3 physically jumped to D8 and D9 with an airwire I can get a terminal through the ST Link and I can toggle D8 and D9 manually with set() and reset() so that tells me the pin configuration is correct. Of course this interrupts the terminal from functioning. But if I set the default_console to EV_SERIAL3 as outlined above I can't get a terminal going.

About

Avatar for user63214 @user63214 started