NFC payment

Posted on
  • Hey,

I was wondering, do you think it could be possible to use the puck to pay via NFC?
    Something like using the puck as a bridge between the payment device and the phone (using android pay for instance). Click the puck activate NFC, pay and have the leds as the response feed back.

• I don't think so - not without a lot of effort. I think for the payment you really need some proper two-way communications... And if you wanted to do NFC payments via a standard payment gateway I bet you're looking at all kinds of certification and pain.

Having said that if you wanted to bodge something up yourself (using NFC to forward to a URL with a unique token that authorises a payment) then you could do that.

• aaah well, right, maybe later then :)
    Thank

• You could probably combine NFC and BLE to do it. I've already implemented BLE payments with DroidScript and Paypal on an Android tablet acting as a BLE server/advertiser... but I used a Puck as my test server before I got hold of the tablet. You might be able to trigger off the BLE comms process using the NFC and then authorise a payment using PayPal or Stripe after some handshaking over BLE

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

NFC payment

Posted by Avatar for flo @flo

Actions