• SPI can also run in a 3-wire setting (SIO) vs the usual 4-wires (separate MOSI/MISO). But I do not expect this to play a role her.

Can you measure the resistance between / figure out which chip pin (30, 31) is connected board pin?

May be the board / or bad soldering made the chip to talk I2C,... which can explain the various value for the same thing... (because the pull-ups are missing).

• Sat 2017.02.04

Finally got a bit of time to continue. Resistance on MOSI, MISO, CLK and NSS are all the same. ~22K pullup and ~5K pulldown when measured between the Vcc and Gnd pins. Every thing seems okay hardware wise.

When squinting at the trace solder pads I do see a blob between pins 2 and 3 , but this appears to be intentional. e.g. PVDD to DVDD

With as many views of this thread, 340 to date in a little over a week, I'm surprised no one has chimed in with detail on a KeyeStudio board.

I may purchase one of the blue MPN boards should I be able to source at Amazon. Since, sourcing via eBay etal, entails some surprising extra fees. Just got my charge card bill for my out of country purchase of Espruino Original, Pico and RC522 and was surprised that yet another fee shows up. Part cost, tax, HST exchange rate fee, S&H and now a currency conversion fee for out of country purchase on a charge card. Yikes! Will it ever end?? The cost to 'get' the part has now exceeded the cost 'of' the part. I wasn't able to find a MPN mfg board locally, but when I do, I'll piggy-back that with another order.

Thank you @allObjects for your attention to this post. I'm putting this module on the back burner for a few weeks to move on to something else that is more productive.
    Robin

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started