You are reading a single comment by @IvanMaksimov and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi tve,

Did you try to connect sim800 over the software serial?

Also if you are trying to send AT-commands to sim800 via the console you have to set NL + CR flags in the console settings.

And are you sure that you have started sim800 correctly? Following the HW manual you should ground the PWK pin for 1 second to start the module. As for me I have two different sim800 boards. One has two leds: power led and network led. When you connect the sim800 board to a power source you see the power led is on and this may let you think that the board is really on but it is not so. When you ground the PWK as I stated above you'll also see the network led blinking which means that finally the board is really on. The second sim800 I have has only network led. The another one sim800 has only netowkr led but it is started in the similar way.

Don't forget that sim800 consumes 2A 4.2v (or 5v depending on board model) during the Location Update procedure which means you have to use an external adapter for that. I used just 3-4 AA-batteries for test. The NodeMCU Base Shield is also not enough for such a power consumption as it can let only 1A current.

About