You are reading a single comment by @Eric and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • OK Thanks Gordon,

I have tested that the advertising does indeed continue. The data doesn't change until you call the function again.

What appears to be crucial to ensure the data has a fair chance of being picked up is to stagger the advertising interval and different setTimeout() periods that do not overlap too much. Setting them to the same interval tends to block each other.

I remember reading in some NRF documentation that there is a random figure deployed in the advertising and switching of one of the three advertising channels to avoid collisions. I am also sure there was a duration setting as well to stop the advertising after a period of time.

What would be the method to stop any previous advertising setup to reduce power and reduce the possibility of collisions if any?

One other method to achieve this would be in the payload data rather than the channel as in a key pair payload. This would reduce the data allowed but for telemetry data should be fine.

About