• Hi Gordon & Community,

I am currently looking into a eHealth prototype using the puck. The idea is that elderly people wear the puck as akind of necklace and it can be used for things like:

• via BLE beacon scanning, we roughly know where the person is
    • it detects a person falling via the accelerometer
    • it detects a person having an issue if has not been moving for a certain time
    • pressing the puck once will call for assistance
    • double-pressing will call for immediate help
    • if care is taken of a patient, the caretaker will scan the puck via an NFC smartphone to record the care actions

This is also the reason I am looking into the http proxy with EspruinoHub. I want puck to scan for ble beacons every few seconds, then the closest beacon should be reported to an HTTP api. The same for button presses or the fall detection.

This is very early, we're just beginnging to look into it. From a technical point of view, I think it is very much possible. Could I get some comments and ideas from @Gordon and the rest of the community?

• There's no accelerometer on board. I was trying to do something to detect speed using the magnetometer, but didn't have a lot of luck. Changes in orientation are easy, speed in a direction not so easy. I'd be interested if other people have had more success with this.

About

Avatar for hansamann @hansamann started