Windows 7 : device is visible but connection failed

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • Great! Glad you got something working! And Archlinux has bluez 5.43 out of the box?

I still don't understand why it's being so picky on Windows though - others have had the same problems as you too.

• Yes, Arch has this out of the box.

• Hi guys.
    I have a case where my device is visible but I do not have any web bluetooth button appearing in the Native IDE. Here is the console output:

We have chrome.serial - not using 'serialport' module
    'winnus' module not found, no Windows Bluetooth Low Energy Error: The specified module could not be found. \\?\C:\Program Files\EspruinoIDE\node_modules\winnus\bu­ild\Release\winnus.node
    serial_audio: Audio Sample rate : 44100
    serial_audio: Audio Serial Baud 9600 Bit time 4.59375
    Web Bluetooth available, but Windows Web Bluetooth is broken in <=56 - not using it
    GET chrome.storage.sync = {"AUTO_SAVE_CODE":true,"BAUD_RATE":"9600­","BLOCKLY_EXTENSIONS":"|bluetooth|robot­|","BLOCKLY_LANGUAGE":"en","BLOCKLY_TO_J­S":false,"BLUETOOTH_LOW_ENERGY":true,"BO­ARD_JSON_URL":"http://www.espruino.com/j­son","CODE":"console.log(\"Hello\");","C­OMPILATION":true,"COMPILATION_URL":"http­://www.espruino.com:32766","ENABLE_Testi­ng":false,"ENV_ON_CONNECT":true,"FONT_SI­ZE":12,"MINIFICATION_DeadCode":true,"MIN­IFICATION_LEVEL":"","MINIFICATION_Litera­l":true,"MINIFICATION_Mangle":true,"MINI­FICATION_Unreachable":true,"MINIFICATION­_Unused":true,"MODULE_AS_FUNCTION":false­,"MODULE_EXTENSIONS":".min.js|.js","MODU­LE_MINIFICATION_LEVEL":"ESPRIMA","MODULE­_URL":"http://www.espruino.com/modules",­"NPM_MODULES":false,"RESET_BEFORE_SEND":­true,"SAVE_ON_SEND":0,"SERIAL_AUDIO":"0"­,"SERIAL_TCPIP":"","SERIAL_THROTTLE_SEND­":false,"SET_TIME_ON_WRITE":false,"SHOW_­CODE_LINK_ICON":false,"SHOW_RELOAD_ICON"­:false,"SHOW_WEBCAM_ICON":0,"STORE_LINE_­NUMBERS":true,"Sound_Error":"","Sound_In­fo":"","Sound_Success":"","Sound_Warning­":"","Speak_Error":false,"Speak_Info":fa­lse,"Speak_Success":false,"Speak_Warning­":false,"UI_MODE":"Normal","WEB_BLUETOOT­H":false}
    Initialising SettingsConsole
    Initialising Utils
    Initialising Config
    Initialising Notifications
    Initialising Status
    Initialising App
    Initialising File
    Initialising Code
    Initialising Serial
      - Initialising Serial Chrome Serial
      - Initialising Serial Chrome Socket
      - Initialising Serial Noble
      - Initialising Serial Audio
    Initialising Terminal
    Initialising CodeWriter
    Initialising Modules
    Initialising Env
    Initialising Flasher
    Initialising EditorBlockly
    Initialising EditorJavaScript
    Initialising Send
    Initialising MenuPortSelector
    Initialising MenuSettings
    Initialising MenuFlasher
    Initialising SettingsAbout
    Initialising SettingsFlasher
    Initialising BoardJSON
    Initialising VersionChecker
    Initialising Compiler
    Initialising Assembler
    Initialising GetGitHub
    Initialising NPMModules
    Initialising ExamplePlugin
    Initialising Unicode
    Initialising SaveOnSend
    Initialising Minify
    Initialising Tutorial
    Initialising Webcam
    Initialising FontSize
    Initialising UiMode
    Initialising URLHandler
    Initialising CodeLink
    Initialising Project
    Initialising Testing
    Initialising Notification_Sound
    Initialising Tern
    Initialising Debugger
    Initialising Tour
    Initialising SettingsProfile
    Initialising HelpLinks
    Loaded code from storage.
    noble starting scan
    Found device: jpthingy f8:1a:18:1b:ba:f5
    Found device:  f8:1a:18:1b:ba:f7
    noble stopping scan
    noble starting scan

The device is a Nordic "Thingy" based on NRF52. I don't use Puck.js because I temporarily lost it . . .

I tried with both CSR and Broadcom based BLE dongles, same result. In both cases the IDE finds the device but when I select a port, no Bluetooth port appears. Check box Connect over Bluetooth Smart (BTLE) via 'noble' is checked. Espruino Native IDE version is win64_0v65.9. Any idea?

• There wouldn't be 'Web Bluetooth' appearing in the native IDE - any discovered devices would be shown in the 'Select a Port' menu.

It looks from the log like Bluetooth via noble is working well enough that it's detecting some devices - just I guess not the Nordic 'Thingy'. Are you sure it's actually flashed with the Espruino firmware and working? Can it be seen with something like the 'nRF connect' app?

• The Nordic 'Thingy' has been renamed jpthingy.
    Yes I flashed the espruino_1v92.111_nrf52832.hex firmware via a J-LINK debugger, but I wonder if I should have flashed the ZIP archive instead of the .hexonly... ?!?

• Nope, flashing the hex file is the correct way of doing things, but if you flashed the hex file and it hasn't renamed itself Espruino NRF52832DK then the flashing hasn't worked.

That'd be why it's not appearing in the IDE anyway. I'm not sure if anyone's had it running on the Thingy yet - it might end up being more difficult than just flashing the DK's file.

• OK the problem was the device flashing process, not the BLE adapter itself. For a reason, the J-Flash Lite tool did not flash the NRF52 the first time.
    After some tests, both my CSR and Broadcom based BLE dongles are working fine :-)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Windows 7 : device is visible but connection failed

Posted by Avatar for Artiom @Artiom

Actions