Console input doesn't working

Posted on
  • I'am using Chrome Web IDE and successfully connected to my Espruino. But in console window I cannot type anything, any key from keyboard is not working, I cannot even type 1+2 very beginning tutorial :)

• Are you sure you have actually connected to the Espruino and not something else? What happens if you unplug Espruino while the web ide is connected?

• Well, on Windows, nothing happens if you unplug the espruino with the console connected - it still shows as connected, but is dead until disconnect/reconnect

• Well it shows me green icon as connected, btw it even allows me to send/write code from right part of Web IDE, which I guess is never executed (maybe I am wrong). If I unplug, as DrAzzy correctly mentioned nothing happens with the green icon in Web IDE.

• Found solution. Windows native driver is either outdated or corrupted. Updating driver from Control Panel didn't help. However I've launched Driver Toolkit (software which I personally recommend), and downloaded latetst version of driver. Now Espruino Pico is correctly installed on COM3, and working perfectly! Gordon thank you very much for very good product!

• Great, glad it's working! Which version of Windows do you have?

• Hi, I've got the same problem on Ubuntu 16.04. The board (Pico) shows as connected and then disconnected if I unplug it but no text appears when I type in the console.

It also appears to let me upload scripts and says 'Sent' but the LED's continue blinking red/green on the board.

I added the 45-espruino.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d already.

Also I get the exact same problem with Windows 10 on the same computer although I didn't try updating drivers as EZer0 mentioned as prefer to work on linux.. Any help appreciated.

• the LED's continue blinking red/green on the board.

I think you've left it in bootloader mode. Unplug it then plug it back in without pressing the button and the leds should stop blinking - you should then be able to connect properly.

• Ah yeah that was it, silly me should have read the docs properly! Thanks Gordon.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Console input doesn't working

Posted by Avatar for EZer0 @EZer0

Actions