Cannot connect while attempting to update firmware

Posted on
  • While trying to update my Puck.js I'm unable to connect with espruino command line tools from raspberry pi 3

Here is what I did:

Before Setting in Update Mode

espruino --list
      PORTS:
      c2:71:35:02:ee:b8 (Puck.js eeb8)
      f8:04:4e:23:69:f1 (Puck.js 69f1)

I remove the battery from eeb8, Hold button, and re-insert. The green light comes on, then goes red.

Then I re-run list:

espruino --list
      PORTS:
      f8:04:4e:23:69:f1 (Puck.js 69f1)

eeb8 never shows up in the list.

Any ideas about fixing this?

• Puck enters DFU mode for flashing. I'm not familiar with the code but maybe UART service is not available/advertised in this mode?

In any event I don't believe it is currently possible to update firmware using this approach. Get hold of nRF Toolbox app for iOS and Android.

• @jschappet it looks like you are attempting to update the firmware for eeb8 using the CLI? I am not sure if this is supported yet for puck.js. The method that does work as @Ollie says is to download the latest firmware to your phone and then (while the puck is in update mode) use nRF Toolbox app in DFU mode as described elsewhere in this forum.

• At the moment, firmware updates via the CLI aren't supported I'm afraid - so when in firmware update mode it won't appear as a usable device.

There are some people working on a JavaScript implementation of the firmware updater, so hopefully at some point the ability to update firmware with CLI will get added (although it will probably come to the IDE first)

• Thanks for the help Everyone.

I was finally able to update the firmware, by reading the instructions. I kept missing the part about: Click Connect to the right of DfuTarg

My puck eeb8, was not going to show up in the list in Bootstrap mode. It would now have a new name.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Cannot connect while attempting to update firmware

Posted by Avatar for jschappet @jschappet

Actions