• No surprise to me... if you do this with a Espruino Original, Pico, or Wifi, it is all the same: it is the temperature of the die. The Wifi fares most interesting: since on the other side of the board an ESP8266 (ESP-12) module is soldered on and that ESP8266 is a current sucker, you notice the 'heat' with bare finger tip... Modern chips have all a temp sensor on them since they could be in a cell phone laying on a dashboard of a car in the sun... And that's for sure outside of their operation environment for sufficient heat dissipation... and they shut down. Many things matter. Therefore I got myself a temperature chip that I can place outside of the context... yes, it needs some wiring, but I get the precision I need. What are your requirements for accuracy / resolution?

• I wasn't aware that the other boards supported temperature readings. In fact, one of the reasons I backed the Kickstarter for the Puck.js was because it seemed to double as BLE thermometer. I'd say +/- 1 degree would be sufficient, so a good thermistor should do. Not like the random generator that's built in. :-)

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started