USB Bt 4.0 or 4.2 dongle

Posted on
  • I saw it was advised to get a 4.2 dongle (in the Mac howto). Anyway, on my Win8.1 laptop I also cannot pair the Puck. Since I don't want to interfere with my company laptop's drivers and software, I prefer using an extra dongle I can use on my old pc. Does it need to be a 4.2? I don't see those in the stores near me. I think the RaspberryPi3 also has Bt4.0, no? I'm hesitating about buying the RaspberryPi now or a dongle...

• I just bought a cheap Trust BT 4.0 adapter (Bluetooth Smart Ready) and it works like a charm ( Windows 10 64-bit )

• I am using a Plugable Technologies USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter purchased on Amazon. Because I'm using Windows 7 I had to use the Zadig application to replace the vendor's Bluetooth radio drivers with generic WinUSB drivers. Works great.

• Ok, I've got one too, on my old computer it seems to work. Still need to try that Zadig app on my laptop, because it won't work on it yet

• I've got an Edimax EW-7611ULB running on a Pi 2, the Edimax website says it's Bluetooth 4.0.
    I'll have to try it on a Linux x86 box sometime.

• Thanks - I'll update the docs. I think it is only 4.0 that's required.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

USB Bt 4.0 or 4.2 dongle

Posted by Avatar for Jeankes @Jeankes

Actions