You are reading a single comment by @bosscube and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • You can ignore the winnus stuff - that's for Windows 8.1/10 support.

If you google LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED the general consensus seems to be that it's to do with the WinUSB driver not being installed correctly. Sorry to bang on about Zadig, but it's what all the posts about that error mention - are you sure you installed it for your BLE adaptor, and not for something else by mistake? Maybe you could screenshot the Zadig window and post it up?

Are you're a node.js developer? If so it'd be worth trying to get any node.js application using the noble library working - as the system setup needed for that is likely to make the Web IDE work.

edit: Also the timing out sounds like it's not working. When I did it on Windows 7 it was pretty much instant. Someone mentioned:

Zadig worked great. One gotcha for me was that I had disabled the "Windows Update" service. Zadig needs this service running to install WinUSB on your device

Any chance you've disabled Windows Update?

• I can retry Zadig, sure. When it worked, it worked instantly. But if I tried to reinstall again, it sometimes timed out and I'd have to restart.

I've written a couple Node apps yeah, I'll try that suggestion next.

Windows Update is enabled.

Thanks for all the help so far Gordon. If/when this is finally resolved I think we'll both take a big sigh of relief :)

About

Avatar for bosscube @bosscube started