You are reading a single comment by @.Neil and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks for your response. Your post was actually quite helpful. I discovered powercycling is a must when working with the ESP8266. After each failed flash the Espruino MUST be removed and reinserted or it won't properly connect and the Web IDE will ignore everything I type in the left edit screen. My ESP-01 however only produces one blue flash when put in bootloader mode. And I did erase using esptool.py but it didn't seem to be required to flash. What WAS required was dozens of attempts to finally get to 100% complete. Other forums suggested this very thing.

Beyond that I noticed the Espruino is very finicky about its USB slot, and after trying multiple computers only one slot in one PC recognized it. But what seemed to finally work was applying some physical pressure while flashing. Could be coincidence but after nearly 30 tries the flash worked flawlessly when I applied some finger pressure, pushing it down and into the USB slot.

Has anyone else noticed these eccentricities?

About